Purpose of a Caddie
Nakoma caddies can help members enjoy their next round. Caddying provides a young boy or girl an opportunity to earn money around the game of golf. A caddie will:
- Allow you to walk the course and increase your exercise.
- Ensure proper care of the golf course.
- Find your ball on that very rare occasion you off from the fairway.
- Replace divots and rake bunkers.
- Wash your ball and provide yardages.
Minimum age is 13 in the current year to be a Nakoma G.C. Caddie.
Complete 3 Mandatory 2022 Caddie training sessions (each session approximately 2 hours):
- April 30 – 4:00 p.m.
- May 7 – 4:00 p.m.
- May 14 – 4:00 p.m.
Pay scales vary but most caddies are rated Rookie to Honor with a rate of $30 to $40, with a possible tip for a job well done. The busier days for caddies are Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday and events.
Nakoma G.C. Caddies also have the opportunity to earn college scholarships through Nakoma G.C. Foundation and the Evans Scholarship Foundation.
How to apply to be a Nakoma G.C. Caddie:
- Contact Assistant Golf Professional Adam Poast - firstname.lastname@example.org or Call for caddie info at (608) 238-3143
- Golf Professional Brad Peck - email@example.com or Call for caddie info at (608) 238-3143